Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Valentine

This is a poem that I wrote for Thomas on Valentines day. I really wanted to post it because it is a total exception to my usual mushy, fluffy crap. This poem is very happy and content... and I really love how it turned out. I think I'll try more of them in the future. Thomas is a good inspiration. :)


The smell of pizza
The awkward silence
Never seemed to last for long

Holding hands under blankets
Not wanting anyone to see
The butterflies inside my chest

Sunny day adventures
Waterfalls
Falling
Petals from the sky

The yellow macaroni
Laying on dishes
Proudly spelling the word “yes”

The blue stain from the rose you gave me
Crept secretly into my heart
Giving birth to a feeling
I wanted to squelch but could not deny

How quietly unassuming
The blue made home
Beside the fluttering butterflies
In my chest
And outside my body
Lay our hands intertwined
Peaceful
At rest

You were my valentine then
And I knew you always would be

2 comments:

therecoveringstoic said...

aww.... This poem still makes me SO HAPPY!!! (I have it in my office.)

I love you too, sweetie.

Kimberly said...

It's so happy to have those special moments that no one else knows but you two.