Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Explinations

I had a request to explain one of my poems. So I thought I would post a general explanation for most of my work. Back when my life was filled with unrequited love and all sorts of angst I would write poems from my own perspective. They were filled with raw emotion and all sorts of emo goodness. Once my love life improved I stopped writing poems. I tried to write happy ones but I didn't like them quite as much. They would always turn out mushy or fluffy. I missed my emo days but I lacked the personal inspiration. Then one day I realized that I was drawn to fictional characters in TV shows, movies and most often novels and decided to use their awful, angsty, emo lives to inspire my poetry. And viola I started to write wonderful emo poems again. Most of my poetry is about Severus Snape (my current absolute favorite fictional character) and some is a spattering of other things. I just find emotions to be so beautiful and so some of the emotions that I cannot currently relate to on a personal level are drawn from characters who have taken me on their journey and have been able to make me feel all that they felt. I am also currently working on making more positive, and happy poems minus the fluffy mush, so don't be surprised if those pop up too.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, thank you! I was wondering if you were experiencing a lot of sadness and thought that didn't seem to match up with things you say or the general feel I get from your facebook and such. :) This all makes sense now.

Kimberly said...

Oh goodness! I think you were commenting on my blog at the exact time I left the above comment. :)