Friday, April 4, 2008

The story of today. April 4th 2008

I needed a prescription for my strep throat and my Dr. sent it to the pharmacy electronically, and told me I could go pick it up in two hours. Well I have had this for four days so I went right over two and a half hours later eager to get the antibiotics and finally get better. I get to the pharmacy and they say they haven't gotten the prescription so I call the Dr. and they say... "oh well it usually takes 2-4 hours." And I'm like in my head "thanks for making that clear, cause you didn't." So I dragged myself out of bed, got ready, and drove 15 min. to get here for nothing. Great. So I called my husband and he tells me he was about to leave work anyways because he had just found out he was coming down with strep throat too. So he told me to go home and he would pick it up in a couple of hours on his way home. So I go home, put some laundry in and start to fix lunch and suddenly there is water flowing like a river into my kitchen. So I turn of the washer and curse my father-in-law who installed the stupid thing, and call my husband, who informs me that the pharmacy still doesn't have my prescription and that he called my Dr. and they said, "oh well it might not arrive until the end of the day." (stupid liars) So I burst into tears because my kitchen is flooded, the butter on the stove is burning, I have no prescription and I hate the world. So I had to mop up my kitchen, and fix my lunch, all while feeling sick. Meanwhile my husband was at the Dr. getting his own prescription for his strep throat. Finally at 4:00, seven hours after my prescription was electronically sent, I am told that it is ready to be picked up. ::sigh of relief:: Just in time for Thomas to go and pick up his prescription. Now I am sitting on the couch trying to rest, but having a hard time of it. I hate being sick, I feel like life is passing me by, and God knows we don't have much time... not here anyways. I'm still learning how to let God use me in all circumstances.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aw, I'm sorry Kimberly! I hope that long-sought-after prescription gets you feeling better soon!

This sick thing has been ongoing in all parts of CA it seems. I've had the same cold for over a month. What is up with that??

Love!

therecoveringstoic said...

I love you! I hope I helped take all the sadness away...

Kimberly said...

Since you love Polaroid so much, go here and sign the petitions!

http://savepolaroid.com

Turns out there's been an announcement that they're going to get rid of instant film!

:(