Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's been awhile...

I haven't posted in awhile. So here I am. Posting.

It is summer now. I am at home, doing the home stuff. Desperately cleaning up after my husband. ;) I have also recently encountered the pressure of adulthood. Let's just say it now: being an adult sucks. Who ever decided as a child that being an adult is so cool? It's NOT. There are constant responsibilities to attend to. This company to call, that bill to pay, this overdraft to pay, that spam call to avoid. It has taken me an entire year to get just my name changed. It is a literal pain in the butt to change your name. It takes an act of congress to do it. It's not as easy as it sounds. The stress of life is sometimes overwhelming. And being shy does not help. Sometimes I am so stricken with fear of confronting strangers about problems that I have tummy problems, or I just break down in tears. And yet I hate ignoring problems so I have to deal with it or I will go insane.

On a happy note, Thomas and I joined a gym. I LOVE the gym! It makes me feel so good to get some good exercise. I just love all the equipment and trying all the stuff. I could probably spend all day there. :)

On a more personal note, I've been struggling with loneliness. Thomas is my best friend, and I adore him. He is amazing. But I haven't had girl time in forever because I don't really have any girlfriends here. Our young couples group is taking a break for summer, and their schedules are usually very busy so we don't even get to spend time with other couples. I have been spending some time playing and RPG with Thomas and a bunch of guys, and while it's been super fun, I've had a little too much guy time and not nearly enough girl time lately. I've been praying for some friends, but as of yet I haven't found any.

And on a very happy note, my first year anniversary is a couple weeks away!!!! Thomas and I are going down to Disneyland and staying there for three days. I am very, very, very excited. Disneyland is a very special place for us, we have many happy memories there, and now we get to go make more!!!

Well that is my life for now. :)

Your sister in Christ.

~Kimberly

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love you sweetie!!! I miss girl time too. :) I can't wait until God brings you back to SoCal!!!

Yay for Disneyland anniversaries!! I hope I get to see you while you're down!! I wish you guys could come to my bday party too, that would rock. We really need to invent transporters!!!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

Be encouraged, friend, you are loved and care for.

therecoveringstoic said...

I like you. Did you enjoy your anniversary, sweetie?