Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Journey

I’m not sure where this road ends
or if it even does
I’ve walked upon the pebbles
and crunched a thousand leaves
even the flowers cannot escape
the bottom of my heal

I wonder were I’m going
and if it’s leading home
It’s always cold as winter here
and I’m never warmly dressed
even my toes cannot escape
the frosty chill of the air

And the words in my head come out in a mess
jumbled
and rambling
and stuck in my chest

And my heart is like a canon
empty
and hallow
and prepared to blow

The road is slowly winding
never ending
persistently inclining

The bitter wind keeps blowing
seeping slowly
in my skin

Will this journey never end?

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay, Kimberly Robin has returned! Or rather- made her debut on Blogger! Yay! Oh- and I love your pretty layout.